Students will create cards describing favorite books.
What You Need
- Great Books Collector Cards (PDF file) (Print and copy one for each student.)
- tape or glue
- crayons or markers
What to Do
- Talk to your students about their favorite books. What was the best part? Who were the most memorable characters?
- With your students, brainstorm a list of favorite books.
- Give each student a copy of the Great Books Collector Cards worksheet.
- Tell students to choose two books to make trading cards for.
- Each student should write a book’s title in the space provided. Above it he or she should draw a book cover or a favorite scene. On the right, he or she should list the author, setting, main characters, and key plot moments. Have students cut out the cards then fold and glue or tape them.
- If you like, you can display the cards around the room.