Students use a map scale to determine actual distances.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students’ mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- crayons or markers
What to Do
- Select a part of your school to map.
- Use footsteps to measure distances.
- Record the dimensions of each room.
- Draw your map to show relative distances.
- Give your map a scale and a title.
Write Questions That Use the Map’s Scale!
- See if others can read your map and answer the questions.
- Look at three other maps and make questions that use their scales.