Celebrate your family by making a Coat-of-Arms!
- A sheet of paper about 11" x 14"
- Photographs, pictures of national flags, pictures from magazines, etc.
- Crayons, colored markers, colored pencils
- Shield pattern (print and enlarge one for each person)
- Oak tag or a piece of light cardboard
- Think of drawings or photographs that might best represent and symbolize your family. Here are some ideas:
- Flags of countries from where family members came
- Favorite family foods
- Family events, holidays, celebrations, activities, vacations
- Trace the enlarged shield pattern onto oak tag, cut out the pattern, and divide it into 2 or 3 equal sections.
- In each section, draw a picture and/or glue a photograph or picture from a magazine that shows one idea about your family.
- Share your shield with other family members.
- Use drawing software, such as Kid Pix® by Broderbund or Creative Artist® by Microsoft to draw pictures for your shield.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.