Theme 7: In the City, In the Country
Houghton Mifflin PRE-K includes ten engaging and child-centered themes that will spark imaginations and a love of learning. In Theme 7—In the City, In the Country—children are engaged in activities that encourage investigation into country life and city life. The big ideas of the theme include:
- Week 1: Country Life
- Children learn about life and animals on a farm.
- Week 2: The Busy, Busy City
- Children find out about the bustle of city life.
- Week 3: To Market, To Market
- Children discover how products get to market.