In this activity students develop an understanding of the seasons by naming the seasons of the year, considering physical change over time, and analyzing environmental changes.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- large paper
What to Do
- Draw a big circle on a large piece of paper.
- Write Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter on the circle.
- Cut out pictures showing things that happen in a season.
- Match each picture to a season. Some clues are:
- kinds of clothes
- Glue the pictures on the circle.
Share Your Poster with Others!
- Describe the clues that match each picture to a season.
- Tell a story about your favorite season.